Who We Are:
IKE Transportation is a100% EMPLOYEE OWNED flatbed carrier headquartered in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. With over 41 tractors and 50 trailers, IKE Transportation provides service hauling steel on covered wagons in the Southeast region.
IKE was founded in 1996 by Steve Rutledge and Steve Jones. IKE became a subsidiary of Big G Express on June 1 of this year. Through the Big G ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), IKE employees share in the future success of the company as employee owners.
IKE Transportation is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities with a growing organization that takes pride in our reputation as a premier transportation hauler of steel coils. IKE Transportation offers excellent benefits and competitive pay with a financially stable and secure company.
The employee owners of IKE transportation strive to provide business excellence for customers through an uncompromising commitment to safety, service, technology and integrity. Our services and solutions will meet and exceed customer expectations with a passion for performance and teamwork.
Manage assigned fleet of equipment and directly supervise approximately 40 employee professional drivers to ensure service, availability and productivity to best serve customer needs, while balancing driver miles, home time, performance and profitability.
- Supervises and directs work of drivers to maximize productivity and provide safe, on time delivery to our valued customer base while balancing the driver's miles, home time and
- Responsible for managing customer delivery commitments which includes supervising driver time off requests for vacations, personal time off, equipment maintenance issues and traffic delays.
- Supervise and directs work of the loaders and schedule the daily loading duties
- Work closely with Penske shops to schedule PM’s for tractors and trailers
- Schedule pick up and delivery appointments as needed
- Supervise and encourage driver optimum performance and satisfaction by proactively monitoring driver wait time at shippers and consignees, dwell time between loads; address driver complaints/grievances and take action on behalf of the driver as needed, including determining when additional pay is appropriate, approved and in
- Insure prompt payroll processing for drivers with proactive steps and communication with payroll department as
- Supervise and proactively manage drivers’ hours of service, equipment fuel mileage and idle time goals. Initiate corrective action or other discipline and related documentation as determined by the Driver Supervisor, and in conjunction with HR as necessary, to encourage driver optimum performance and/or implement needed corrective
- Consistently focus on driver retention. Address and handle driver complaints/grievances and take action as appropriate. Build rapport with drivers, planners and customer service with honesty and
- In supervising all areas of driver performance, responsible for driver disciplinary action process up to and including termination of employment. Responsible for creating and maintaining related appropriate records and documentation, in conjunction with HR as needed, for all drivers under Driver Supervisor’s
- Maximize productivity and utilization of assigned fleet of equipment and employee over-the-road (OTR) professional drivers through communication and proactive steps with maintenance, planning, safety and customer service departments.
- Other duties may be
- Operations experience in a trucking
- Functional knowledge of transportation
- Ability to communicate well and effectively with
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train
- Ability to solve problems and ability to work in high pressure situations, using independent judgment and
- Detail oriented and computer based keyboard
Education Required: High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Apply Now by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
IKE Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.