Join the driving team at IKE Transportation!
IKE specializes in hauling steel in the Southeast region of the United States.
This driving position consists of operating heavy-duty conventional tractors with flatbed trailers on local, state, and federal highways. Pay is based on mile driven, driving experience, and extra responsibilities (such as tarping, backhaul, and loading/unloading).
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to tarping, loading/unloading, filling out paperwork, and driving long hours in different types of weather conditions. Short-haul trips will likely include 7-10 loads per week or 1-2 per day. Primary freight lanes are in TN, AL, KY, AR, MS, and GA.
- Employee-owned company (free retirement program)
- Drivers are able to be home every weekend
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation and holiday pay
- Newer truck models with the latest safety technology
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Matching 401k
- Present a clean, neat, and professional appearance
- Must be at least 22 years of age
- Possess a valid Class A CDL from your state of residence
- Proof of at least 12 months of OTR driving experience
- Must have an acceptable MVR and D.O.T. physical
- Ability to pass a D.O.T. pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to pass a company-administered road test
- Ability to sit for long hours and drive for long hours
- Must be physically capable of lifting, pulling, and pushing up to 80lbs and able to climb on and off conventional tractors and freight trailers repeatedly
- Ability to drive in all light and weather conditions
Don’t pass up this great driving opportunity that ensures a good work-life balance and incredible benefits for you and your family!